ISLAMABAD, December 21, 2018: The Senate adopted a motion on Friday for developing a mechanism regarding the implementation on the recommendations of the House Committees, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of 285th session:
- The House met for two hours and three minutes.
- The sitting started three minutes behind the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Deputy Chairman presided over sitting for an hour and 24 minutes while a member of Panel of Presiding Officers chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 13 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and 26 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-F, PML-N, PkMAP and PPPP were present.
- As many as 12 Senators (11% of the total membership) were present at the outset and 18 (17%) at the end of the sitting.
- Two out of four minority Senators attended the proceedings.
- Minister of State for Revenue presented the Federal Accounts 2016-17 and the reports of Auditor General thereon.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Tabled by the Leader of the Opposition, the House adopted a motion authorizing the Chairman Senate to appoint a Special Committee for developing a mechanism for the implementation of the recommendations of the Standing Committees adopted by the House and other matters referred by the Council of Chairpersons.
- The Chairman deferred a motion to convert the Climate Change Caucus into a Special Committee with the direction to reconsider the admissibility of the motion under the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Senate, 2012.
- The House took up three out of 17 Starred Questions for answers by the government. The lawmakers asked seven supplementary questions as well.
- The House did not address two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) concerning monitoring of blasphemous content on internet and construction work on Islamabad Expressway. Earlier of the notices was dropped while the later was deferred due to absence of the moves.
- The House debated the Presidential Address to the Parliament on September 17, 2018. As many as four Senators belonging to PPPP, PML-N, PkMAP and JI participated in the debate consuming an hour and 18 minutes.
- A PPPP lawmaker raised a point of public importance consuming four minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on December 24, 2018 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, March 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution commending the New Zealand Prime Minister for her support to the Muslim…
ISLAMABAD, March 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn terror attacks at mosques in New Zealand,…
House Transacts 78 Percent Business, Passes 20 Government and Six Private Members’ Bills ISLAMABAD, March 15, 2019: With the post-election change in its leadership and…