ISLAMABAD, May 19, 2018: The Sindh Assembly continued general discussion on the Provincial Budget and twelve lawmakers participated in debate, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Saturday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for five hours and 51 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1150 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for five hours and 11 minutes while the rest of the proceedings were chaired by a member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) was present for two hours and 34 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for four hours and 57 minutes.
- As many as 37 (22%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 35 (21%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, PTI and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twelve lawmakers took part in the budget discussion consuming five hours and 10 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- PML-F and PML-N female lawmakers protested on floor of the House for three minutes against use of misogynistic remarks by a PPPP lawmaker.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on May 21, 2018 (Monday) at 1200 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was prorogued on Monday after transacting its scheduled agenda for the day, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned without addressing its scheduled business amidst lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred discussion on water-related problems in Karachi, Hyderabad and Mirpurkhas, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…