ISLAMABAD, April 25, 2019: The pre-budget discussion in the Provincial Assembly of Sindh Assembly entered its third day with 18 lawmakers participating in it on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 42nd sitting of the fourth session:
- The House met for five hours and 26 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1450 hours against the scheduled time of 1300 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for three hour and 32 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and 49 minutes
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 29 minutes.
- As many as 51 lawmakers (30%) were present at the commencement and 66 (39%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and PTI attended the sitting.
- As many as eight out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House continued the debate on pre-budget and also discussed the Budget Execution Reports for first three quarters of ongoing financial year. As many as 18 lawmakers – PPPP (7), MQMP (3), PTI and GDA (four each) – participated in debate consuming four hours and 49 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers belonging to the opposition parties (GDA, PTI, MQMP) protested during the proceedings for 16 minutes against the personal remarks made by a PPPP lawmaker against legislators belonging to opposition.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on April 26, 2019 (Friday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday left ninety percent of its regular agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…