ISLAMABAD, September 28, 2018: The Sindh Assembly continued the general discussion on budget statement for the remaining nine months of current financial year 2018-19, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of proceedings during sixth sitting of the second session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for nine hours and 16 minutes; however the proceedings remained suspended for two hours and 26 minutes due to prayer as well as Azan breaks.
- The sitting started at 1116 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for five hours and six minutes while the Deputy speaker chaired the rest of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for four hours and 53 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, PPPP, GDA and PTI attended the sitting.
- As many as 74 (45%) lawmakers were present at outset and 55 (33%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as five out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Only one lawmaker applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 21 lawmakers participated in the general discussion on budget statement for the remaining nine months of current financial year 2018-19. The discussion continued for six hours and 24 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Leader of the Opposition raised a point of order regarding remarks of a treasury lawmakers during the previous sitting. A Provincial Minister responded to it and apologized for such remarks consuming 13 minutes of the proceedings
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 29, 2018 (Saturday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, February 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to a walkout by opposition lawmakers who…
ISLAMABAD, February 08, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and adopted two supplementary resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, February 07, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Thursday passed two government bills and an out-of-turn resolution on the increase in fares of Hajj…