ISLAMABAD, November 10, 2017: The Sindh Assembly’s sitting was adjourned on Friday without transacting its scheduled business in the honor of Chehlum Imam Hussain, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the 36th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for eleven minutes.
- The sitting started at 1130 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as nine (5%) lawmakers were present at the outset and eleven (7%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and MQM attended the sitting.
- One minority member was present.
- Nine members applied for leave.
- The House did not took up the Sindh Occupational Safety and Health Bill, 2017
Representation and Responsiveness
- Moved by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House adopted a motion to adjourn the proceedings in the honour of Chehlum Imam Hussain.
- The House did not address an Adjournment Motion and five Call Attention Notices (CANs).
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 17, 2017: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Occupational Safety and Health Bill, 2017 on Friday and took up five Calling Attention Notices (CANs)…
ISLAMABAD, November 14, 2017: The Sindh Assembly on Tuesday adopted three Private Members’ resolutions and witnessed the introduction of prohibition of Gutka and Mainpuri bill, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 13, 2017: The Sindh Assembly adopted a PPPP lawmaker’s resolution recommending the government to lift ban on student unions, Observes Free and Fair Election…