ISLAMABAD, May 17, 2018: The Sindh Assembly continued general discussion on the Provincial Annual Budget 2018-19 and also adopted two resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Thursday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of the 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for six hours and nine minutes.
- The sitting started at 1200 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for four hours and 58 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Opposition leader was present for five hours and two minutes.
- As many as 25 (15%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 20 (11%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, PML-N, PPPP, PTI and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
- The House adopted two separate resolutions to condemn the atrocities committed by the Israelis occupation forces against the innocent Palestinians and killing of a Hindu trader and his son in Hub.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Sixteen lawmakers took part in the budget discussion consuming five hours and 31 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- PPPP, PMLF, PMLN and MQM lawmakers protested on floor of the House for three minutes against remarks of a PTI lawmaker about ethnic stereotyping.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on May 18, 2018 (Thursday) at 1000 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred debate on an adjournment motion about rolling back of the 18th Constitutional Amendment by the federal government,…
ISLAMABAD, March 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh didn’t take up most of the Private Members’ Business on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, March 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted a resolution on Monday to mark the completion of its 80 years of existence, observes Free…