ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh concluded the general discussion on Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 on Saturday during 10th sitting of its 25th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Sindh Assembly met for four hours and 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1253 hours against the scheduled time of 1200 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for an hour and ten minutes while rest of the proceeding was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Chief Minister was present for four hours and 40 minutes.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for three hours and 47 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the entire sitting.
- Forty-eight lawmakers (29%) were present at the start and 86 (52%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI were present.
- Seven minority members were present.
- The House discussed Supplementary Budget Statement for Year 2015-16 and approved one out of 42 Demands for Grants. All 44 Cut Motion moved by MQM lawmakers were rejected.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Chief Minister concluded general discussion on the Provincial Budget for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 consuming two hours and 49 minutes of the proceeding.
- The House held discussion for one hour on the charged expenditures. Two members including the Finance Minister spoke on it.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two Points Of Order consumed two minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Tuesday left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour and unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to…
ISLAMABAD, October 8, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Tuesday left most of the Private Members’ agenda unaddressed, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, October 7, 2019: The Sindh Assembly addressed most of its agenda on Monday and adopted a supplementary resolution and a government bill as well, observes…