ISLAMABAD, September 25, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued the general discussion on the budget, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of second session:
- The House met for three hours and 29 minutes; however, the proceedings remained suspended for three minutes due to Azan.
- The sitting started at 1110 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 37 minutes while the Deputy speaker chaired the rest of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition and the parliamentary leaders have not been notified so far.
- As many as 62 lawmakers (38%) were present at outset and 92 lawmakers (56%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Only one lawmaker applied for leave of absence.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 11 lawmakers participated in the general discussion on budget statement for the remaining nine months of current financial year 2018-19. The discussion continued for three hours and 14 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 26, 2018 (Wednesday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, February 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to a walkout by opposition lawmakers who…
ISLAMABAD, February 08, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and adopted two supplementary resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, February 07, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Thursday passed two government bills and an out-of-turn resolution on the increase in fares of Hajj…