ISLAMABAD, February 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred the regular agenda on Wednesday to discuss Indo-Pak tension and appreciated Pakistan Air Force (PAF) for shooting down two Indian fighter jets on violation of its airspace, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 23rd sitting of the fourth session:
- The House met for three hours and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1515 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 48 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and 42 minutes.
- As many as 30 lawmakers (18%) were present at outset and 71 lawmakers (42%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQMP, TLP, PTI and MMAP attended the sitting.
- As many as six out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House debated a joint resolution to appreciate performance of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) after Indian violation of Pakistani airspace. As many as 27 lawmakers debated the resolution for three hours and nine minutes. The debate on the resolution will continue in next sitting tomorrow.
- Moved by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed a motion to defer the regular agenda.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Moved by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed a motion to defer the regular agenda. .
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on February 28, 2019 (Thursday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan did not take up most of its regular business due to lack of quorum on Tuesday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Tuesday left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour and unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly addressed most of its agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers on Monday, observes Free…