ISLAMABAD, February 28, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred the agenda on Thursday to discuss a joint resolution regarding the on-going Indo-Pak military standoff and appreciated Pakistan Air Force (PAF) for shooting down two Indian fighter jets in response to their violation of Pakistani airspace, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Key observations of the House proceedings during the 24th sitting of the fourth session include the following:
- The House met for two hours and 49 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1535 hours, one hour and 35 minutes later than the scheduled time of 1400 hours, and the proceedings were suspended for three minutes due to Azan break.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for one hour and 14 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting for one hour and 35 minutes.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and seven minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and 16 minutes.
- As many as 52 lawmakers (31%) were present at outset and 63 lawmakers (38%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of TLP, MMA and GDA attended the sitting.
- As many as six of the nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House continued the remainder of the debate initiated in the previous sitting regarding a joint resolution to appreciate the PAF’s performance in response to Indian violation of Pakistani airspace. As many as 22 lawmakers debated the resolution for two hours and 31 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Speaker deferred the sitting’s agenda till the next sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 1, 2019 (Friday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to legislators, observers and the public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, August 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left around one-third of its agenda unaddressed on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…
ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2019: The Sindh Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday due to lack of quorum leaving entire agenda items unaddressed except question hour, says Free and Fair…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2019: The Punjab Assembly on Wednesday adopted a supplementary resolution condemning Indian move to change the special status of Indian…