ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2017: The Sindh Assembly on Thursday discussed the reports on budget execution during first two quarters of the ongoing financial year, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of the 32nd session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and one minute.
- The proceedings remained suspended for three minutes for Azaan break.
- The sitting started at 1142 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 24 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for an hour and 25 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition was not present.
- Thirty-six lawmakers (21%) were present at the outset and 41 (24%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM and PTI attended the sitting.
- Three minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up four Starred Questions that were responded to by the relevant minister. The lawmakers also asked 18 Supplementary Questions.
- The relevant ministers made statements on three Calling Attention Notices related to Mirpurkhas Prison, DNA Testing Laboratory in Karachi and condition of dilapidated roads in the area of Karachi City Railway Station. Two CANs were not taken up due to absence of the movers.
- Four lawmakers of MQM and PPPP took part in discussion on Budget Execution Report for 1st and 2nd Quarters, 2016-17. The discussion consumed 48 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on two Points of Order consuming five minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 17, 2017: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Occupational Safety and Health Bill, 2017 on Friday and took up five Calling Attention Notices (CANs)…
ISLAMABAD, November 14, 2017: The Sindh Assembly on Tuesday adopted three Private Members’ resolutions and witnessed the introduction of prohibition of Gutka and Mainpuri bill, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 13, 2017: The Sindh Assembly adopted a PPPP lawmaker’s resolution recommending the government to lift ban on student unions, Observes Free and Fair Election…