ISLAMABAD, November 5, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Tuesday left around 95 percent of the agenda unaddressed on Private Member’s Day, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during 21st sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for two hours and 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1550 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 40 minutes while rest of the proceedings was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the proceedings for 40 minutes.
- As many as 55 MPAs (33%) were present at the outset and 49 (30%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Only the parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by a PTI lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a private resolution recommending the government to take steps for waste disposal system in Karachi. As many as four lawmakers spoke on it for 23 minutes.
- The House did not take up any of the remaining agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’ which included an Adjournment Motion, four private resolutions, two Private Members’ bills, a report of the Standing Committee on legislative proposal, five private motions and 28 notices to amend the Assembly’s Rules of Procedure.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up six out of nine starred questions while the lawmakers asked 34 supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on November 8, 2019 (Friday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ and attendance of the lawmakers is available on the website of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan dropped most of the Private Members’ agenda due to absence of their movers on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 15, 2019: The requisitioned session of Senate was prorogued on Friday after completing debate on all five motions under Rule 218, says Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 15, 2019: The National Assembly did not take up its scheduled business and debated the withdrawal of a motion to remove the…