ISLAMABAD, March 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Thursday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 33rd sitting of the fourth session:
- The House met for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1455 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 12 lawmakers (7%) were present at the outset and at the adjournment of sitting.
- Only the parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Speaker adjourned the House to meet again on April 08, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan dropped most of the Private Members’ agenda due to absence of their movers on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 15, 2019: The requisitioned session of Senate was prorogued on Friday after completing debate on all five motions under Rule 218, says Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 15, 2019: The National Assembly did not take up its scheduled business and debated the withdrawal of a motion to remove the…