ISLAMABAD, March 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Thursday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 33rd sitting of the fourth session:
- The House met for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1455 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 12 lawmakers (7%) were present at the outset and at the adjournment of sitting.
- Only the parliamentary leader of PPPP attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Speaker adjourned the House to meet again on April 08, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday left ninety percent of its regular agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…