ISLAMABAD, June 28, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for one minute on Friday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance of the lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 13th sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for one minute.
- The sitting started at 1049 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as six MPAs (4%) were present at outset and at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the Parliamentary Leader of political parties in the House attended the proceedings.
- One out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on July 01, 2019 (Monday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and adopted two supplementary resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left almost its 50 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday and adopted a supplementary resolution to oppose the…
ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2019: Low-turnout, peaceful by-election for the provincial constituency seat in Larkana was marked by persisting procedural irregularities and statistically improbable turnout at…