ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh unanimously passed the Sindh Transparency and Right to Information Bill, 2016 with amendments recommended by the Select Committee, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
The session was prorogued on completion of its business.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during last (6th) sitting of the 30th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for two hours and 39 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1109 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The proceedings remained suspended for three minutes due to Azan break.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 53 minutes while rest of the proceedings was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Chief Minister and Opposition Leader did not attend the proceedings.
- Twenty-six lawmakers (16%) were present at the start and 64 (38%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM and PTI were present.
- Five minority members also attended the sitting.
- Twelve members applied for leave.
- The House unanimously passed the Sindh Transparency and Right to Information Bill, 2016 following presentation of report of the Select Committee on it.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Five Starred Questions were taken up and responded to by the relevant ministers. The lawmakers asked 27 Supplementary Questions as well.
- The House took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on various issues of public importance.
- The House adopted a motion constituting a committee to monitor the overbilling and other issues related to K-Electric.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on six Points of Order consuming 15 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available on website of the Assembly.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings, conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Budget Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed the Sindh Finance Bill, 2017 and approved 153 Demands for Grants on Friday, says…
ISLAMABAD, June 15, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh concluded general discussion on the Annual Budget 2017-18 and approved 79 Supplementary Demands for Grants on Thursday, observes…