ISLAMABAD, November 20, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned on Tuesday without addressing its scheduled business due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the third session:
- The Assembly met for three minutes.
- The sitting started at 1044 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the proceedings while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as seven lawmakers (4%) were present at the outset and 10 (6%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and MMAP attended the sitting.
- Only one out of nine minority lawmakers were present during the proceedings.
- The House did not take up the scheduled private members’ business.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Speaker adjourned the House due to lack of quorum. The House will meet again on November 22, 2018 at 1000 hours due to lack of quorum.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, December 13, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (PAKP) passed six private members’ resolutions on Thursday and admitted an Adjournment Motion on SSP…
ISLAMABAD, December 13, 2018: The National Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed on Thursday and discussed political and parliamentary issues amidst opposition’s walkout, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, December 13, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab addressed its scheduled business on Thursday amidst opposition’s walkout for the production of a detained PML-N…