ISLAMABAD, November 20, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned on Tuesday without addressing its scheduled business due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the third session:
- The Assembly met for three minutes.
- The sitting started at 1044 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the proceedings while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as seven lawmakers (4%) were present at the outset and 10 (6%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and MMAP attended the sitting.
- Only one out of nine minority lawmakers were present during the proceedings.
- The House did not take up the scheduled private members’ business.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Speaker adjourned the House due to lack of quorum. The House will meet again on November 22, 2018 at 1000 hours due to lack of quorum.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, May 24, 2019: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday without taking up its scheduled business in respect for the late Federal Minister for Narcotics…
• 51 lawmakers remain inactive during the proceedings ISLAMABAD, May 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted 56 percent of its scheduled business during…
ISLAMABAD, May 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh’s fourth session was prorogued sine die on Saturday after passing a government bill on police reforms, observes Free…