ISLAMABAD, December 16, 2015: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted a resolution on Wednesday about defining Rangers’ powers in future during Karachi Operation, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The House also offered prayers for the Martyrs of Army Public School (APS) Peshawar.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for 63 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1645 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Ninety-six (57%) lawmakers were present at the start and 57 (34%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- A maximum of 96 (57%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for 50 minutes.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the sitting for 35 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI attended the sitting.
- Four minority members attended the sitting.
- Six members applied for leave.
- The House adopted a resolution about defining powers of Rangers during Karachi Operation.
- The speaker announced the assent of the Governor of Sindh on eight bills.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House left all five starred questions appearing on the agenda unaddressed.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers belonging to PML-F, PTI and PML-N and MQM tore apart their copy of resolution and staged a walkout to register their protest against PPP led government reportedly seeking to curtail Rangers’ power.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others
- Information on legislators’ attendance was available to the observers and the public
To download the Factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Tuesday skipped entire Private Members’ business except question hour due to protest between treasury and opposition lawmakers,…
ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted two resolutions while the remaining agenda was not taken due to Opposition’s protest on Monday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, September 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned without addressing its scheduled business in honor of the PPPP lawmaker Ghulam Shah Jilani who…