ISLAMABAD, December 16, 2015: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted a resolution on Wednesday about defining Rangers’ powers in future during Karachi Operation, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The House also offered prayers for the Martyrs of Army Public School (APS) Peshawar.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for 63 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1645 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Ninety-six (57%) lawmakers were present at the start and 57 (34%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- A maximum of 96 (57%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for 50 minutes.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the sitting for 35 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI attended the sitting.
- Four minority members attended the sitting.
- Six members applied for leave.
- The House adopted a resolution about defining powers of Rangers during Karachi Operation.
- The speaker announced the assent of the Governor of Sindh on eight bills.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House left all five starred questions appearing on the agenda unaddressed.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers belonging to PML-F, PTI and PML-N and MQM tore apart their copy of resolution and staged a walkout to register their protest against PPP led government reportedly seeking to curtail Rangers’ power.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others
- Information on legislators’ attendance was available to the observers and the public
To download the Factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh concluded the general discussion on the annual budget for the year 2019-20 and approved 66 Demands for…
ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2019: The Sindh Assembly debated the annual provincial budget for ten hours and 30 minutes on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2019: The Sindh Assembly met for eight hours and 42 minutes on Saturday and consumed major portion of the proceedings in debate on…