ISLAMABAD, July 02, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted a private member’s resolution on Tuesday demanding to set up Provincial Finance Commission (PFC), says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 15th sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for two hours and 45 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1345 hours against the scheduled time of 1200 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 55 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for two hours and 16 minutes.
- As many as 41 MPAs (25%) were present at outset and 51 MPAs (31%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQMP, TLP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- A GDA lawmaker introduced the Sindh Advisors (Appointments, Powers, Functions, Salaries, Allowances and Privileges) (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- The House adopted two private members’ resolutions to set up Provincial Finance Commission and establish rehabilitation centers for the drug addicts in the province. These resolutions were moved by PTI and MMAP lawmakers respectively. A total of 19 lawmakers spoke in these resolutions for an hour and 17 minutes.
- The House did not consider three other private members’ resolutions, five Private Motions and 27 Amendments to the Rules and Procedure of the Assembly
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs answered all five starred questions during the proceedings. In addition, lawmakers asked 24 supplementary questions.
- The House did not take up an adjournment motion of a PPPP lawmaker due to her absence.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on July 12, 2019 (Friday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned without addressing its scheduled business in honor of the PPPP lawmaker Ghulam Shah Jilani who…
ISLAMABAD, September 13, 2019: The National Assembly on Friday adopted an amendment in the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business to elect more than…
ISLAMABAD, September 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills amidst opposition’s protest and adopted six supplementary resolutions after…