ISLAMABAD, May 22, 2018: The Sindh Assembly on Tuesday concluded debate on Provincial Budget and also approved 153 demands for grants, reports Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 10th sitting of the 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for four hours and 52 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1212 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for three hours and 18 minutes while the rest of the proceedings were chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for four hours and 32 minutes.
- As many as 65 (39%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 63 (38%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, PML-N, PPPP PTI and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
- The House approved 153 demands for grants for the year 2018-19 by rejecting all cut motions. Ninety-one (91) supplementary demands for grants for the year 2017-18 were also approved.
- Chief Minister laid the Schedule of Authorized Expenditure 2018-19 before the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Chief Minister concluded debate on Provincial Budget and spoke for two hours and 39 minutes on it.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on May 24, 2018 (Thursday) at 1300 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was prorogued on Monday after transacting its scheduled agenda for the day, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned without addressing its scheduled business amidst lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred discussion on water-related problems in Karachi, Hyderabad and Mirpurkhas, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…