ISLAMABAD, March 19: The 11th sitting of Sindh Assembly’s 34th session, starting an hour and 30 minutes behind the schedule, met for an hour and 38 minutes on Monday.
Thirty-Three MPAs were present when the House opened proceedings and 78 were there when the sitting was adjourned.
The parliamentary leaders of the PML, PPPP, PMLF, NPP, PML (F-B) and MQM were present while ANP’s did not attend the sitting.
Out of a nine questions on the Agenda five were responded as 28 Supplementary Questions were asked.
Four Points of Order consumed 16 minutes of the sitting time. However, none of the Points of Order attracted the Chair’s formal ruling.
The Assembly will meet again on Tuesday.
The following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for an hour and 38 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1000 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1130 hours. The proceedings were delayed by an hour and 30 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting for an hour and 28 minutes while the remaining was presided by the Member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- Expect the ANP all other parliamentary leaders were present.
- Thirty-Three Members were present at the start while 78 were there when the sitting was adjourned.
- Five minority Members were present during the proceedings.
- Three Members applied for leave to be absent.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Out of a nine questions on the Agenda five were responded as 28 Supplementary Questions were asked.
- No Bills were appeared on the Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four Points of Order consumed 16 minutes of the sitting time. However, none of the Points of Order attracted the Chair’s formal ruling.
- There were no instances of protests, boycotts or walkouts during the sitting.
- List of Business was available to Legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
- The Quorum was maintained throughout the sitting.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday left ninety percent of its regular agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Tuesday skipped entire Private Members’ business except question hour due to protest between treasury and opposition lawmakers,…
ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted two resolutions while the remaining agenda was not taken due to Opposition’s protest on Monday, observes…