ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Wednesday witnessed introduction of three bills including the KP Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2017, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of 26th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1517 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Thirty-five lawmakers (28%) were present at the start and 45 (38%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- Three bills including the KP Local Government (Amendment) Bill 2017; Peshawar Development Authority Bill, 2017 and the KP Public Private Partnership (Amendment) Bill, 2017 were introduced in the House.
- The Law Minister presented the Annual Report of the Public Service Commission for the year, 2015.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 11 out of 15 Starred Questions were responded to by the government. The lawmakers also asked two Supplementary Questions.
- The House did not consider an Adjournment Motion and a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) due to absence of their relevant movers.
- Another CAN about objections on inductions made by Health Care Commission in 2016 was taken up by the House which was responded to by the Provincial Minister for Health.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a Point of Order consuming four minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, May 2, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s (PAKP) sixth session was prorogued on Thursday after passing a government bill and two private member’s resolutions,…
ISLAMABAD, April 29, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed the Local Government (Amendment) Bill as well as the Continuation of Laws in the erstwhile Federally Administered…