ISLAMABAD, July 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) witnessed introduction of three government bills on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during 12th sitting of seventh session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 42 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1113 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- A Member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the entire proceedings.
- As many as 40 lawmakers (32%) were present at the start and 38 (31%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML and ANP attended the sitting.
- Two out of three minority members were present.
- Minister for Law introduced three government bills including the KP Control of Narcotic Substances Bill, 2019, the KP Employees of Transport and Mass Transit Department (Regularization of Services) Bill, 2019 and the KP Excise Duty on Minerals (Labour Welfare) Bill, 2019.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up eight out of 19 starred questions. In addition, the lawmakers asked eight supplementary questions.
- The Provincial Minister for Law and Special Assistant to Chief Minister on Industries, Commerce and Labour responded to two Calling Attention Notices (CANs). These notices urged the government to construct proper buildings for University of Swat and Government Girls School in Bara Spin Tehsil of Khyber District.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as eight lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming 15 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on July 22, 2019 (Monday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 10, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed three government bills amid low attendance of the lawmakers in the House on Saturday,…
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned early on Friday without addressing its regular business due to protest of the opposition parties, says Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2019: The National Assembly did not take up most of its agenda on Friday and consumed major part of the proceedings…