ISLAMABAD, June 11, 2012: The general discussion on budget started in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly on Monday.
Starting 31 minutes late, the second sitting of KP Assembly’s 26th session met for two hours and 10 minutes.
Three MPAs spoke on the budget –one each from MMAP, PMLN, and PML – for 85 minutes (65% of sitting time). The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting while the Chief Minister was not present.
The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PML and PPPS attended the sitting.
A total of 28 Members (23% of total Membership – 124) were present at the start, while 39 (31%) were present when the sitting was adjourned. A maximum of 59 (48%) legislators were observed to be present at one point of the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Assembly met for two hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1731 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1700 hours. The House proceedings started late by 31 minutes.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting. The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting. The Chief Minister was not present.
- The parliamentary leaders of the PPPP, PML and PPPS attended the sitting.
- A total of 28 Members (23% of total Membership – 124) were present at the start, while 39 (31%) were present when the sitting was adjourned.
- Two minority Members were present during the sitting.
- Thirteen Members applied for leave to be absent.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Three MPAs spoke on the budget – one each of MMAP, PMLN, and PML – for 85 minutes (65% of sitting time).
- No other agenda appeared on the Agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- No Points of Order was raised during the sitting.
- There were no instances of protest, boycotts or walkouts.
- List of Business was available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
- Copies of the budget speech were available to the legislators.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN Alumni Trust, a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) approved three Demands for Grants of different departments while all cut motions on them were…
ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly concluded general discussion on the Provincial Annual Budget for financial year 2019-20 on Monday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Saturday continued general discussion on the Provincial Annual Budget for financial year 2019-20, observes Free and…