ISLAMABAD, June 13, 2012: Starting 30 minutes late, the fourth sitting of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly’s 26th session, which met for two hours and 26 minutes, continued debate on budget on Wednesday.
Ten MPAs spoke on the budget for 106 minutes (73% of sitting time). The Leader of the Opposition, the Chief Minister and the Deputy Speaker were not present.
A total of 33 Members (27% of total Membership – 124) were present at the start, while 44 (35%) were present when the sitting was adjourned. A maximum of 61 (49%) legislators were observed to be present at one point of the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Assembly met for two hours and 26 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1730 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1700 hours. The House proceedings started late by 30 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- All the parliamentary leaders were present
- A total of 33 Members (27% of total Membership – 124) were present at the start, while 44 (35%) were present when the sitting was adjourned.
- Two minority Members were present during the sitting.
- Four Members applied for leave to be absent.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Ten MPAs spoke on the budget – three each from MMAP and ANP and one each from PPPP, PMLN, PML and ANP, and an Independent – for 106 minutes (73% of sitting time).
- No other agenda appeared on the Agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- No Points of Order was raised during the sitting.
- A female PPPP Member staged a five-minute walkout as she was not given the floor to speak.
- List of Business was available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
- Copies of the budget speech were available to the legislators.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN Alumni Trust, a member organization of FAFEN
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed Billion Tree Afforestation Project and passed a government bill on Tuesday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill and discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route on Monday, says Free and Fair…