ISLAMABAD, August 13, 2018: The newly-elected 58 Members of the 11th Balochistan Assembly took oath in its maiden session on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
The Speaker of the outgoing Assembly administered the oath to the members while one PkMAP elected member left the House without taking the oath. The Speaker also informed the House that election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker will be held on August 16 (Thursday).
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the first sitting of the 1st session of the 11th Balochistan Assembly:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 56 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1137 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- As many as 59 (91%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 58 (89%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as 58 members took oath followed by the signing of `Roll of Members’.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two points of order consumed two minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan was adjourned on Friday amid lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…