ISLAMABAD, June 05, 2013: The 14th National Assembly elected Prime Minister during the third sitting of the first session. The PMLN chief was elected as Leader of the House by securing 244 votes.
The candidates of the PPPP and PTI for the office of the Prime Minister got 42 and 31 votes respectively. The election held through division vote and the members were asked to proceed to the lobbies designated for the candidates for recording their votes.
After the election of the Prime Minister, 18 legislators including the Prime Minister expressed their views.
Four lawmakers also took oath and signed the Roll of Members. The Speaker chaired the sitting for three hours and 38 minutes while the rest of the proceedings were chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for four hours and eight minutes.
- The sitting started at 1202 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1100 hours, witnessing the delay of an hour and two minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for three hours and 38 minutes while the rest of the proceedings were chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- As many as 305 members were present at the outset while 15 were there at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 317 members were present at one point of sitting.
- Four lawmakers took oath.
- Ten minority members attended the sitting.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Centre for Peace and Development Initiatives (CPDI); a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, April 20 2021: The National Assembly (NA) deferred private members’ business on Tuesday and considered a supplementary resolution seeking debate on the issue of…
ISLAMABAD, April 19, 2021: The National Assembly (NA) passed two government bills and discussed current law and order situation in the country, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2021: The National Assembly (NA) transacted most of its agenda and consumed 75 percent of the proceedings in points of order related…