ISLAMABAD, August 13, 2018: The newly-elected Members of the 15th Sindh Assembly took oath in the first session called after July 25 elections on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
The Speaker of the outgoing Assembly presided over the proceedings and administered the oath to the members. As many as 158 members took oath in the first sitting that continued for an hour and 37 minutes. The oath-taking was followed by the signing of “Roll of Members”.
The Speaker informed the House that election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker will be held in the next sitting on August 15 (Wednesday).
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the first sitting of the 1st session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1100 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- As many as 153 (92%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 144 (86%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as 158 members took oath followed by the signing of `Roll of Members’.
- Eight Minority lawmakers took the oath.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, May 6, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued pre-budget discussion amid opposition’s protest as well as walkout and eleven lawmakers participated in debate…
ISLAMABAD, May 3, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued pre-budget discussion amid opposition’s protest as well as walkout and nine lawmakers participated in debate…