ISLAMABAD, August 27, 2019: The newly elected 19 lawmakers from the merged tribal districts took oath when the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the first sitting of the 8th session requisitioned by the Opposition:
- The KP Assembly met for three hours and 31 minutes while the proceedings remained suspended for 30 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1527 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and 58 minutes.
- As many as 88 (61%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 35 (33%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as 19 out of 21 newly elected members took oath followed by the signing of `Roll of Members’.
- Parliamentary Leaders of all political parties in the House attended the proceedings.
- The House passed the KP Control of Narcotics Substances Bill, 2019 which was earlier introduced in the House on July 19, 2019.
Order and Institutionalization
- The entire opposition staged a walkout from the House for 10 minutes when the Chair did not allow an ANP lawmaker to speak on a parliamentary intervention.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 28, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1030 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda and passed three government bills, observes Free and Fair…