ISLAMABAD, March 11, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly consumed 27 percent time of first sitting of 16th session on Points of Order (POs) and also took up two Calling Attention Notices, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Friday.
The sitting started at 1420 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours with 40 lawmakers (32%) present at the start and 35 (28%) at the time of adjournment.
Following are some key observations of the assembly proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started 1420 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Forty lawmakers (32%) were present at the start and 35 (28%) at the end of the sitting.
- Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP and PPPP were present.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Ten members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two calling attention notice (CANs) regarding relief efforts for earthquake victims and steps to control cheating practices during examinations in the province. Both CANs were responded to by the relevant ministers.
- A PTI lawmaker’s privilege motion against Sub-Engineer of Communication and Works Department was taken up and referred to the relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two Points of Order consumed 30 minutes of the sitting time.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…