ISLAMABAD, August 15, 2018: The members-elect of 17th Provincial Assembly of Punjab took oath on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
The Speaker of the outgoing Assembly presided over the proceedings and administered the oath to 353 members-elect and signed the Roll of the Members. An independent candidate was barred from signing the Roll of Members for wearing chains in the House.
The Speaker informed the House that the election of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker will be held on August 16 (Thursday) at 1030 hours.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the first sitting of the Assembly’s maiden session:
- The House met for two hours and 18 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1039 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The outgoing Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- As many as 300 (81%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 15 (4%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, June 18, 2021: The Punjab Assembly continued general discussion on provincial budget 2021-22 and 25 lawmakers took part in the debate, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2021: The leader of the opposition in Punjab Assembly opened debate on the Provincial annual budget for the financial year 2021-22 on Thursday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2021: The Punjab Finance Minister presented the annual budget for financial year 2021-22 in the provincial assembly amid opposition’s protest, observes Free…