ISLAMABAD, September 25, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly on Tuesday postponed discussion on Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the financial year 2018-19 and NFC award due to absence of Chief Minister, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the second sitting of the Assembly’s 3rd session:
- The sitting started with a delay of 36 minutes at 1536 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours. The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 42 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting for 2 hours and 15 minutes while Panel of the Chairperson chaired the sitting for remaining 27 minutes.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition has not been notified yet in the Assembly.
- As many as 13 lawmakers (20%) were present at the outset and 34 (52%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, BNP-M, JUIF and PkMAP were present during the proceedings.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Six members applied for the leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House debated an adjournment motion on law and order situation sponsored by PkMAP. Ten members spoke on the issue for an hour and 49 minutes.
- The Chair admitted an adjournment motion regarding construction of Cardiology Center in Quetta.
- The Chair postponed debate on PSDP and delay in NFC award for the next sitting.
.Order and Institutionalization
- Seven lawmakers spoke on four point of orders for 22 minutes.
- Orders of the Day’ was not available on the website of the Assembly.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct Observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed the government strategy to avoid the spread of Coronavirus in Pakistan and adopted a resolution…
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members' agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan left its entire agenda unaddressed and discussed law and order situation in the province, observes Free…