ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2016: The Balochistan Assembly continued general discussion on the Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 during fourth sitting of its 30th session on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The House also offered prayers for the victims of bomb blast in Quetta.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours and eighteen minutes.
- The sitting started at 1525 hours against scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Twenty-five (39%) lawmakers were present at the start and as many were present at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for three hours and eight minutes while rest of the proceeding was chaired by a Member of Panel of Chairman.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP, JUI-F, PkMAP, PML-N, MWM, PML and ANP were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Fourteen lawmakers – PkMAP (4), PML-N & NP (3 each), JUI-F (2), MWM and PML (one each) – took part in general discussion on Budget consuming two hours and fifty minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalizations
- Two Points of Order consumed two minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, February 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed on Thursday and was prorogued sine die over lack of quorum, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed the government strategy to avoid the spread of Coronavirus in Pakistan and adopted a resolution…
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members' agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…