ISLAMABAD, June 20, 2013: The Chief Minister of Balochistan presented the budget in the first sitting of the second session on Thursday, reports the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily factsheet based on the direct observation of the proceedings.
Fifty-one members were present at the outset while 49 were there at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 52 members (80% of the total strength of the House) were present at one point of the sitting.
The Speaker chaired the sitting, which lasted an hour and 21 minutes.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1814 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1800 hours, witnessing the delay of 14 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting. The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The provincial finance minister attended the sitting.
- As many as 51 members were present at the outset while 49 were there at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 52 members were present at one point of the sitting.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- The Chief Minister of Balochistan Assembly presented the budget.
Order and Institutionalization
- No protest, walkout or boycott observed during the sitting.
- List of Business was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
- Copies of the budget speech were available to the legislators.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan met for only four minutes on Monday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to low…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…