ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan met for only four minutes on Monday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of 29th session:
- The House met for four minutes.
- The sitting started at 1605 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present.
- As many as four MPAs (6%) were present at the outset and adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader MMAP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers were absent.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item appearing on Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on December 3, 2020 (Thursday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday and was adjourned as a mark of respect for…
ISLAMABAD, January 19, 2021: Despite COVID-19 associated challenges, the PS-52 Umer Kot-II by-elections witnessed an encouraging male and female turnout with low incidence of procedural…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…