ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted five resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant ministers, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 2nd sitting of the 36th session:
- The House met for three hours and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:07 pm against the scheduled time of 12:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the sitting for an hour and 23 minutes, while the remaining time was chaired by the deputy speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The leader of the opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 14 (22 percent) legislators were present at the start and eight (12 percent) at the end of the sitting.
- Two out of three minority member were present.
- The parliamentary leaders of HDP, MMAP, BNP-M, PTI and PKMAP attended the sitting.
- The House unanimously adopted five resolutions demanding to form commission to ensure prompt implementation on Articles 29 to 40 of the Constitution, reconstitute Board of Directors of Quetta Electricity Supply Company (QESCO) with complete representation from the province, fair allocation of funds for education, health and vocational sectors at district level, resolve concerns of property owners of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) route related to property rates and ensure arrest of those involved in killing of a PkMAP leader.
- The House deferred another resolution demanding to set up sub-offices of Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) at district and tehsil level in the whole province, particularly in Washuk district.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up all three calling attention notices (CANs) related to tabling the reports of the council of islamic ideology (CCI) in the House, use of drugs and illegal weapons in the area of Saryab and teaching of mother languages (Pashto, Balochi, Persian and Brahui) in the schools.
- Sponsored by a PkMAP lawmaker, the House admitted an adjourned motion for debate related to death of four persons in a bomb blast at Quetta’s hotel on April 21, 2021.
- The House deferred the question hour due to absence of relevant ministers.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, April 26, 2021 at 12:00 pm.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Sindh Assembly deferred 62 percent agenda and adopted two resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…