ISLAMABAD, April 27, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted four resolutions and deferred debate on an adjournment motion regarding measles outbreak in Khuzdar, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during seventh sitting of the Assembly’s 51st session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for four hours and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1650 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 22 lawmakers (34%) were present at the outset and 25 (38%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JUI-F, PkMAP, ANP, PML, BNP-M and MWM were present during the proceedings.
- As many as two minority members attended the sitting.
- Four lawmaker applied for leave of absence.
- The House adopted four resolutions to condemn attack on security personnel in Quetta on April 24, ensure legislation at provincial level for promotion of Engineers, impose 15 percent Makran Development Tax on various business activities in Gwadar and provide effective security to important political and social personalities.
- A resolution to impose restriction on newly settled people in Gwadar and Lasbela for getting domiciles was withdrawn by its mover.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two out of three Starred Questions.
- The Chair admitted an adjournment motion for debate in any of the next sitting which demanded financial assistance to land owners in Districts Pashin and Qila Abdullah after heavy rains damaging their crops.
- The House deferred debate on an adjournment motion regarding measles outbreak in Khuzdar.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on four Points of Order consuming 12 minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, April 30, 2018 at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was not available on the website of the Assembly.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly deferred question hour due to ministerial absence and adopted three resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly passed two government bills and adopted a resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, August 06, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted three resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…