ISLAMABAD, April 21, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly on Saturday adopted two resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fifth sitting of the Assembly’s 51st session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1650 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- A member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for an hour.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 18 lawmakers (28%) were present at the outset and at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MWM and PML were present during the proceedings.
- As many as two minority members attended the sitting.
- As many as seven members applied for leave of absence.
- Tabled by NP lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution to condemn firing incidents at the house of a Supreme Court Judge in Lahore. As many as five lawmakers debated the resolution for 30 minutes.
- PML-N lawmaker tabled a resolution to abolish tax on agricultural income imposed in 2001 which was also adopted by the House. A total of seven members spoke on it for 38 minutes.
- The House witnessed presentation of one report each by Standing Committees on Irrigation and Education. The report of Standing Committee on Education was adopted by the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on three Point of Order consuming six minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was not available on the website of the Assembly.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly deferred question hour due to ministerial absence and adopted three resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly passed two government bills and adopted a resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, August 06, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted three resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…