ISLAMABAD, July 28, 2016: The Balochistan Assembly adopted two resolutions during the 2nd sitting of its 31st session on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network.
Following are some key observations of the House business:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours and 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1620 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting while the Opposition Leader was present for entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of MWM, PML, JUI-F and ANP attended the sitting.
- Twenty-five members (38% of the total membership -65) were present at the outset and 10 members (15%) at the end of the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker attended the sitting.
- The House adopted a resolution regarding provision of vaccines for treatment of Hepatitis C at Rural Health Centres and Basic Health Units of the province. Seventeen lawmakers also participated in debate on it for 72 minutes.
- Another Resolution adopted by the House was about rehabilitation efforts in areas hit by heavy rains and storms. Eleven legislators spoke on it for 51 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Chair deferred an adjournment motion about law and order situation in Turbat.
- Four out of eleven starred questions related to Ministry of Health were disposed of after the mover termed the reply satisfactory while remaining seven remained unaddressed due to absence of Health Minister.
Order and Institutionalization
- Twelve Points of Order consumed 39 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, April 29, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Thursday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, April 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed five government bills and discussed bomb blast at a hotel in Quetta, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted five resolutions and deferred question hour due to absence of relevant ministers, says Free and…