ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2016: The Balochistan Assembly approved fifty one Demands Grants during second sitting in a same day (6th) of its 30th session on Saturday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for forty two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1603 hours against scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- Thirty-five (55%) lawmakers were present at the start and 45 (70%) at time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP, JUI-F, PkMAP, PML-N, MWM, PML and ANP were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- The House approved 55 Demand for Grants of various government departments.
Order and Institutionalizations
- One Point of Order consumed one minute of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly deferred question hour due to ministerial absence and adopted two resolutions on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and passed two government bills on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…