ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2016: The Balochistan Assembly concluded general discussion on the Provincial Budget for Financial Year 2016-17 during fifth sitting of its 30th session on Saturday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours and three minutes.
- The sitting started at 1227 hours against scheduled time of 1200 hours.
- Twenty (31%) lawmakers were present at the start and 38 (59%) at time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP, JUI-F, PkMAP, PML-N, MWM, PML and ANP were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Chief Minister concluded the Budget debate and speech for 55 minutes while seven other lawmakers– NP (3), PML-N and PkMAP (2 each) – took part in general discussion on Provincial Budget consuming two hours and six minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two Points of Order consumed two minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…