- Leave Application of Advisor to CM on Excise Rejected
ISLAMABAD, May 20, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly on Sunday concluded debate on provincial budget 2018-19, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during sixth sitting of the Assembly’s 52nd session:
- The Assembly met for two hours and 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1707 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided the sitting for an hour and 55 minutes while rests of the proceedings were chaired by a member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- As many as 22 (34%) lawmakers were present at the commencement and 23 (35%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JUI-F, MWM and ANP attended the sitting.
- Only one minority lawmaker was present during the proceedings.
- The Chair rejected the leave application of Advisor to Chief Minister on Excise & Taxation as the House did not give consent to it.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as seven lawmakers participated in the general discussion on the provincial budget 2018-19 consuming an hour and 41 minutes of the proceedings.
- Chief Minister winded up debate on the Annual Provincial Budget and spoke for 24 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was not available on the website of the Assembly.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed law and order, increase in prices of petroleum products and challenges after drought in…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 19, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan consumed major part of the proceeding in points of order and deferred question hour…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 04, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three private members' resolutions and deferred one-third agenda due to ministerial absence, says…