ISLAMABAD, May 23, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution expressing condolence over the demise of PkMAP lawmaker Abdul Rahim Mandokhail, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of proceedings during the first and only sitting of the Assembly’s requisitioned (41st) session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 12 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1625 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- Twenty lawmakers (31%) were present at the outset and 26 (40%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PkMAP and PML were present.
- Two minority members also attended the sitting.
- One member applied for leave.
- Moved by a PkMAP lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution expressing grief on the demise of PkMAP lawmaker Abdul Rahim Mandokhail. Twenty-one lawmakers expressed their views about deceased lawmaker for an hour and 58 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmakers belonging to PkMAP spoke on a Point of Order consuming one minute of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…