ISLAMABAD, May 19, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly held a 52-minute discussion on provincial budget 2018-19 on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fifth sitting of the Assembly’s 52nd session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1600 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- As many as 20 (31%) lawmakers were present at the commencement and 25 (38%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JUI-F and ANP attended the sitting.
- Only one minority lawmaker was present during the proceedings.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as four lawmakers participated in the general discussion on the provincial budget 2018-19 consuming 52 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker raised a Point of Order consuming one minute of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Sunday May 20, 2018 at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was not available on the website of the Assembly.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed law and order, increase in prices of petroleum products and challenges after drought in…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 19, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan consumed major part of the proceeding in points of order and deferred question hour…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 04, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three private members' resolutions and deferred one-third agenda due to ministerial absence, says…