ISLAMABAD, October 1, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly discussed the Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) 2018-19 on Monday while leaving 75% agenda items unaddressed, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the fourth sitting of the Assembly’s third session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours and 54 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1114 against the scheduled time of 1000.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting for two hours and 37 minutes while a member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the sitting for remaining an hour and 17 minutes. The Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 25 lawmakers (38%) were present at outset and 34 (25%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNP-M, BAP, PkMAP and MMA were present during the proceedings.
- Only one out of three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- As many as eight lawmakers applied for the leave of absence.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 15 lawmakers participated in the discussion on Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for financial year 2018-19. The discussion continued for three hours and fur minutes.
- The House did not take up the scheduled discussions on delay in National Finance Commission Award, problems of Balochistan farmers and illegal imports, and an Adjournment Motion regarding construction of Cardiology Center Quetta.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as 11 lawmakers raised Points of Orders consuming 33 minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day’ was not available on the website of the Assembly.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct Observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 26, 2019: The Balochistan Assembly’s 18th session was prorogued sine die on Thursday leaving most of its scheduled business unaddressed due to lack…
ISLAMABAD, December 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan left most of the agenda unaddressed due to low attendance and Opposition's protest on Monday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, December 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members’ agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…