ISLAMABAD, October 5, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly was prorogued on Friday after a discussion on the delay in release of National Finance Commission (NFC) award, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of third session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours and 27 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1558 against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House attended the sitting for three hours and one minute.
- The nominated Leader of Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 16 lawmakers (25%) were present at outset and 21 (32%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BAP, BNP, PkMAP, ANP, PTI and MMA were present during the proceedings.
- Only one out of three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- As many as four lawmakers applied for the leave of absence.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 11 lawmakers participated in the discussion on delay in the release of NFC Award. The discussion continued for two hours and 57 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Only one lawmaker spoke on a Point of Order consuming one minute.
- The session was prorogued sine die after the transaction of its scheduled business.
- Orders of the Day’ was not available on the website of the Assembly.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct Observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly deferred question hour due to ministerial absence and adopted three resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly passed two government bills and adopted a resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, August 06, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted three resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…