ISLAMABAD, June 09, 2013: The 10th Balochistan Assembly elected the Leader of the House during the third sitting of the first session. The National Party chief was the only candidate for the Chief Minister slot, no other member had filed nomination papers.
As many as 55 lawmakers present in the House favored him. Twenty-two members including the newly elected Chief Minister expressed their views during the sitting.
The sitting started an hour and 32 minutes late, and lasted three hours and eight minutes.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours and eight minutes.
- The sitting started at 1232 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1100 hours, witnessing the delay of an hour and 32 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the proceedings for two hours and 46 minutes while the rest of the proceedings were presided over by the Deputy Speaker.
- Forty-three members were present at the outset as well as at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 55 members were present at one point of the sitting.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed a resolution and debated an Adjournment Motion regarding blasphemy incident in Sweden, says Free and Fair…