ISLAMABAD, June 09, 2013: The 10th Balochistan Assembly elected the Leader of the House during the third sitting of the first session. The National Party chief was the only candidate for the Chief Minister slot, no other member had filed nomination papers.
As many as 55 lawmakers present in the House favored him. Twenty-two members including the newly elected Chief Minister expressed their views during the sitting.
The sitting started an hour and 32 minutes late, and lasted three hours and eight minutes.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours and eight minutes.
- The sitting started at 1232 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1100 hours, witnessing the delay of an hour and 32 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the proceedings for two hours and 46 minutes while the rest of the proceedings were presided over by the Deputy Speaker.
- Forty-three members were present at the outset as well as at the time of adjournment. A maximum of 55 members were present at one point of the sitting.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…