ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed a resolution and debated an Adjournment Motion regarding blasphemy incident in Sweden, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of 27th session:
- The House met for two hours and 55 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1740 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 55 minutes while rest of the sitting was presided over by panel of chairperson. Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and the Leader of Opposition were present in the sitting.
- As many as 21 (32%) MPAs were present at the outset and 9 (13%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP, JWP, MMA, PkMAP, HDP and BNP-M attended the proceedings.
- Two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by a BAP lawmaker the House passed a resolution urging the Federal Government to decrease PIA fairs for Quetta.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven out of 10 starred questions while three questions were deferred. In addition, lawmakers asked five supplementary questions.
- The House admitted for discussion an Adjournment Motion regarding Governor’s dis-interest in the Assembly business.
- Another Adjournment Motion regarding blasphemy incident in Sweden was debated in the House that was admitted for discussion during first sitting of the 27th current session. As many as five lawmakers participated in the discussion consuming 35 minutes of the proceedings.
- Minister for Water and Sanitation and Minister for Board of Revenue responded two Calling Attention Notices in the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as eight lawmakers spoke on Points of Order for 30 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 17, 2020 (Thursday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 19, 2020: The Senate left its entire agenda unaddressed on Private Members’ Day and consumed major portion of the proceedings in debate on political…
ISLAMABAD, October 19, 2020: The National Assembly was adjourned on Monday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 16, 2020: The National Assembly transacted more than half of its agenda on Friday and witnessed introduction of a government bill seeking amendment in the Elections…