ISLAMABAD, August 31, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday passed a motion to allow the use of Provincial Assembly Hall for Presidential Election on September 4, 2018, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first and last sitting of second session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 46 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1619 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire proceedings in the absence of Speaker.
- As many as 16 (25% of the total membership) members were present at the outset and 40 (62%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for 23 minutes.
- The Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of ANP, HDP, BAP and BNP-M were present.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House passed a motion to allow the use of Provincial Assembly Hall for polling on September 4, 2018 for the election of President. Two other motions were also passed to finalize the modalities for Presidential elections.
Order and Institutionalization
- Nine lawmakers spoke on points of order for 31 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed a resolution and debated an Adjournment Motion regarding blasphemy incident in Sweden, says Free and Fair…