- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Thursday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of 27th session:
- The House met for four hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1710 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for an hour and 25 minutes while rest of the sitting was presided over by a member of panel of chairpersons.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting while the Leader of Opposition was present in the sitting.
- As many as 17 (26%) MPAs were present at the outset and four (6%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of MMAP, PkMAP, HDP and BNP-M attended the proceedings.
- One minority lawmaker attended the sitting.
- The House adopted three resolutions demanding the provincial administration to play its role against inflation, promote industry and establish technical institutions to overcome unemployment and to end unannounced load shedding in the province. These resolutions were moved by MMAP, BNP-M and PkMAP lawmakers respectively.
Representation and Responsiveness
- An adjournment motion (AM) regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business was discussed in the House. The adjournment motion was admitted for discussion during third sitting of the current session.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming ten minutes.
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after suspension of the rules, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed five government bills and adopted a resolution condemning publication of blasphemous caricatures in France, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday, condemning blasphemous caricatures as well as French president Emmanuel Macron’s hateful comments against…