ISLAMABAD, December 19, 2012: Starting after a long stretched delay of two hours and 35 minutes, the first sitting of the 36th session of the Balochistan Assembly met for 45 minutes
The Question Hour was not held. Most of the sitting time (88%) was consumed by Points of Order. None of the Points of Order attracted the Chair’s formal ruling.
The Balochistan Environmental Protection Bill 2012 was passed by the House.
The Resolution about moving a no-confidence motion against the Speaker, Balochistan Assembly was taken up for debate.
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 45 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1835 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1600 hours. The proceedings started two hours and 35 minutes late.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting. The Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, BNPA, JUI, PML and Like Minded Group were present.
- Twenty-nine (45%) Members were present at the outset while there were 30 (46%) at the end of the sitting.
- Ten Members applied for leave.
- One minority Member was present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Question Hour was not held.
- The Balochistan Environmental Protection Bill 2012 was passed by the House.
- The Resolution about moving a no-confidence motion against the Speaker, Balochistan Assembly was taken up for debate.
Order and institutionalization
- Twelve Points of Order consumed 40 minutes of the sitting time. However, none of the Points of Order attracted the Chair’s formal ruling.
- Two Independents – PB-34 Khuzdar-II and PB-49 Kech-II – staged a walkout as they were not allowed to speak on a Point of Order.
- Orders of the Day were available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, June 26, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly concluded its budget session on Saturday after speech of Chief Minister in the absence of opposition, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed the Finance Bill, 2021 and approved 102 demands for grants of various ministries and departments, observes…
ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan approved as many as 21 supplementary demands for grants of various ministries and departments on Thursday, observes…